- Force SSAS to handle the process via SSIS
you must use the Control Flow Tasks for this kind of operations:
- Analysis Services Processing Task
This task provides you the SSAS objects' options visually.
- Analysis Services Execute DDL Task
you can specify a DDL script to this task to perform your Process via XML/A.
the best situation in which you can use these destinations is where you have non-standard sources and you need near real-time processing.
you must use the Data Flow Destinations for this kind of operations:
- Dimension Processing Data Flow Destination
- Partition Processing Data Flow Destination
There are two other ways for handling these processes:
- You can run your XML/A script via ASCMD.exe
you can do this by using the Execute Process Task.
- Handling the process with AMO.
You must write program in .net language through Script Task.
I will describe each of these tasks separately, later.